Monadnock Madness is your chance to explore the granite peaks located in your backyard! As a reward for visiting all three parks during March we’ve created a unique prize. Please note that many Monadnock Madness events are free, but some events do require a small fee. There is no extra charge to earn your Monadnock Madness souvenir, however. To earn your prize just follow the simple rules below:
- Attend a hike or event at one of the three monadnocks during March (Arabia, Panola, or Stone Mountains)
- After your hike/event ask park staff for an official Monadnock Madness Passport and a completion stamp (the passport has a place for a stamp for each park).
- Bring your passport with you to the next two parks and complete a hike or activity to earn a stamp.
- You must visit each park during the month of March but you can choose any order and any activity to earn your stamp.
- When you get your last stamp you’ll instantly qualify for your souvenir! Each park has its own hours so see times and locations below to find out when you can pick up passports, stamps, and souvenirs.
Arabia Mountain Come by the Nature Center or attend a hike or workshop with Ranger Robby. The Nature Center is open from 8 am until 3 pm Monday through Friday and sporadically on the weekends as the Nature Center occasionally needs to close. During these times passports and stamps are also available at the entry kiosk by the Nature Center.
Panola Mountain Attend a hike or class with a ranger or visit the Nature Center. A full schedule can be found here. The Nature Center is open from 8 am until 5 pm every day. Please remember that Panola Mountain has a $5 parking fee for guests.
Stone Mountain Come by Confederate Hall Historical and Environmental Education Center, which is located by the West Gate. It’s open Monday through Friday 9 am until 5 pm, Saturdays 10 am until 5 pm, and Sundays 12 until 5 pm. Please remember that Stone Mountain has a $15 parking fee for guests.
If you are having trouble getting your prize or a stamp just contact us and we’ll help however we can. We can even mail your prize to you. Just fill out the passport form, take a photo of the completed passport, and email it to us! In order to qualify for a prize participants must follow the these rules:
- Visitors must visit all three parks during the month of March 2019 and they must submit a passport with a stamp from each park to a park staff member before April 15, 2019.
- Due to limited supply there is a limit of 4 prizes per household.
- Prizes will be given out on a first-come, first-served basis and may run out.
- Rules are subject to change without notice.